Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Brotherly devotion

I've mentioned before how indescribably grateful I am for the closeness that Ariana and Joel have. I would love to market 5 Easy Steps for Successful Siblings, but since I really can't claim credit for it, I'll have to invent the easy steps first.

This morning, Joel woke up early, and Ariana, who had been awake a lot in the night, slept late. For an hour or so Joel played with me and Elena, but couldn't conceal the fact that our play did not quite meet the standards to which he is accustomed. I could see him getting more and more bored, and more and more distraught. Finally, he turned to me and sobbed, "Mami, I miser'ble wifout Ariana!" Awwwww.

She awoke shortly thereafter, and his delight has been evident ever since. I know that he is glad that we will be homeschooling next year, so that he can still be with his beloved sister.

No comments: